Friday, May 15, 2009

Emotional/Emoism

There is a trend going on where people around us want to show others that they are being emotional or "emo". I'm not too sure what it means but every day we show our emotionless faces to the people around us. I also feel that I outwardly show my depression a lot recently.

We all wonder, "What is God's will for me?"

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 provides 3 answers. God's will is that every Christian live a life of joy, prayer and thankfulness at all times.

Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

A cheerful, joy-filled heart is good medicine to us (Proverbs 17:22) and a blessing to others.

I am trying hard to apply this to my life but there are times where we all feel moody. So continuous prayer helps us focus on God's purpose for us and to help us wait for his divine intervention.

Source: With help from my Christian growth study bible

-RYU

2 comments:

  1. Ryu, just believe that in every gloomy situation, there's something u can be grateful for. and u have to be thankful for it. u have to be happy.

    and don't forget, after stormy rain, there's a very beautiful rainbow.
    then, in every hard and sad situation we have, there's a big smile, laugh and happiness behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For a while they stood there, like men on the edge of a sleep where nightmare lurks, holding it off, though they know that they can only come to morning through the darkness."

    - J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

    ReplyDelete