Saturday, April 4, 2009

How and Why I Should Tell Others

Just want to thank Tifani for changing the layout for this blog today and also Brian for leading.
Great work guys.

Today was one of those hectic hair pulling out days. It looked like chaos under control. Chrisanne was away so the leaders had to teach. This is more or less what happened...
I was just arranging the bookshelf when I had to go downstairs to greet our new people, well that went well since there was this girl Valentina who was initially scared of coming but I hooked her up with Susan and they soon became friends and Lennard took care of the new kid Keenan. All well so far. Then we knew that one of our leaders Kimberly was going to be a little late who then later called to inform us that she sprained or somehow injured her knee and won't be coming until very late. So me and Brian was a bit edgy since Kimberly was involved in the drama thing that was supposed to start. Luckily we got Xiao Yi to do it and it worked out well but not as well as we were hoping for it to be, small hinderance but we pushed on.
I also forgot to mention that we had no projector so everyone had to look at the tiny screen, there were alot more Youths this week which made things worse.
The lesson itself was good, I think it really got me to think that I haven't been a very good witness for Christ. Will pray about that more now.

Today was more based on skits so we had a skit in the beginning and got the Youths to do the skits. We got them into 5 groups and we also had to give them ideas and guide them for the skit. Kimberly came during that so I had to run around giving ideas and supervise them. It was insane, one group was throwing balls at one another so I confiscated the ball and found out that it was part of the skit.... Great. I expected it to all go down the drain but somehow by God's grace all the groups were productive except Riki's group... Hmmm... I knew Riki for a very long time, but everytime we never talked about the gospel.. I think I have to work on that. Riki has potential I just haven't realised that.

All in all, as the whole evening looked like a recipie for disaster we encouraged one another and just really looked to God to make this all go right. In the end, the groups presented thier skit and we closed in prayer. It was a good evening considering all the things that could have gone wrong. Even the new people enjoyed themselves.. I think.

Happy birthday Samnang. (yesterday)

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!


    And you forgot something, Ryu, you did a superb job too :) You're growing just so much! I think God's smiling super wide right now :D

    ReplyDelete